Good Old Tomato Pie – version two
Here’s one of many versions of the tomato pie that we’ve grown to love so well! Pretty much every time we make it, it’s a different recipe – It’s the most adaptable recipe I know. Tomorrow I’ll add one last version, though honestly, I could keep going for a month and not be finished!
Good Old Tomato Pie
recipe from Paul’s family
makes 8 servings
- single pie crust (I used wonderful, easy recipe that I found online… but can’t find it at the moment)
- 5 medium/large tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheese (combination of Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375. Place pie crust in a deep dish baker.
- Put tomatoes in large bowl; add flour to thicken. Stir in vegetables, mushrooms, and bacon. Season to taste. Pour tomato mixture into pie crust.
- In small bowl, combine mayo and cheese. Spread over tomato mixture. Bake for 45 minutes.