Not wanting to be late for dinner, my mom attempted to quickly assemble a cake that she’d just pulled out of the oven… a bit too soon, apparently. While she got teased quite a bit by the rest of the family, I thought it actually looked pretty cute!
recipe from Mom
makes 12 servings
- 2 nine-inch cakes, just out of the oven
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
- about 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Make frosting by combining melted butter and powdered sugar. Add milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Overturn first cake onto cake platter. Frost the top of the first layer.
- Overturn the second cake on top of the first, unevenly, allowing it to break apart in several places. Pull apart more if needed.
- Pour remaining frosting over cake.