April 21, 2011
These banana muffins are just my regular banana bread recipe, divvied up into muffin tins. Easy as that!
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. On low speed, add bananas (broken into 3″ chunks) and and eggs until blended.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to top of banana mixture. Lightly stir dry ingredients together, then stir entire mixture just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let bread cool in tins for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.