I typically do NOT eat salads. They just never seem appetizing to me, unless they’re the kind served at Applebee’s with about 15 different toppings. This salad may have changed my mind (due, in part, to the numerous toppings on it, I’m sure).
Chopped Cobb Salad
recipe adapted from Cook’s Country
makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados , pitted, skinned, and chopped
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate and pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in bacon fat until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to plate and let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, cooled chicken, and dressing in large bowl. Top salad with crisp bacon, avocados, and eggs. Serve.