This was a simple enough casserole to throw together – definitely easy enough for a weeknight dinner, and it filled the Friday pizza night craving. It passed the husband test, too – he ate more than half the casserole in one sitting.
adapted from allrecipes.com
makes four servings
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic and green bell pepper. Drain excess fat. Stir in the noodles, pepperoni, pizza sauce and milk, and mix well. Pour this mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, top with the cheese, then bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.